While its predecessor, 2010's Hexadecagon was celebrated for its epic scope, cosmic departure and conceptual nature, fans will hear Fever Forms as the logical follow-up to the band's best-selling Hello, Avalanche LP, with concentrated doses of frenetic beats and exuberant melody set in a brilliantly-colored sound world. Twelve dense, ecstatic pop jams that will astound and disorient.
The first single is available now: The infectious "Whitby" is a digital single with an exclusive B-side, while the second single, "Sharpteeth," will be available on June 25th -- complete with two exclusive, non-album B-sides. Warning: as tempting as it may be to keep “Sharpteeth” on repeat, the soaring guitorchestra and haunting Theremin lead may reduce some listeners to puddles of tears after about the 250th consecutive listen.
Some facts about the record:
• Fever Forms was recorded in a museum carved out of a mountain and mixed in collaboration with the mighty Erik Wofford (Black Angels, M. Ward, Maserati).
• Fever Forms is the strongest horse.
• Fever Forms is living in the future and the past at the same time.
• Fever Forms is winning the largest trophies.
• Fever Forms is 10,000 giga-pets doing flips in unison.
• Fever Forms is a tattoo of an 18-wheeler bursting out of your chest.
• Fever Forms is post-ears, pre-brains.
released July 9, 2013
all rights reserved
feeds for ,